Hoover Reservoir is an excellent Ohio bass fishery.
JignPig Guide Trip Report:
- Water temps were in the upper 70s to low 80s.
- We caught fish using topwater lures on the upper side of an offshore ledge near a creek channel that has water depths from 40ft. to 2ft. within about 100ft..
- When the bite dried up, I moved us on to other areas to try crankbaits and jigs near rip-rap walls. We didn’t get bit on the rip-rap.
- I went back to spot check the offshore ledge with crankbaits and we caught a few keepers pretty quick. Then the bite stopped again.
- When the heat of the day set in. The only way we could get bit was to pitch jigngrubs and jignpigs up in the shallow muddy brush piles and weeds.
We caught a mixed bag of 19-bass, two channel cats, and a white bass. It was a fun Summertime day on the lake.